Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10.13.2008

Luke's Baptism

We had a very busy weekend! On Sunday Luke was baptized and it was a great early birthday present. I was so proud of Luke. He usually cries while he's at church, all during the nursery unless Trey or I are in there with him. I was a nervous wreck because I just knew Luke would scream his head off during the baptism. But, he was an angel! Luke even threw his head back when the pastor was baptizing him and water went all over his face but it didn't phase him one bit! Trey and I couldn't have been happier! After the baptism our church sings a song to the child who is being baptized and it has their name in it. I can never get through this song without tearing up, no matter who is being baptized and whether I know them or not. Sunday was no exception! I cried the entire time and couldn't sing a word! The song is so sweet and it always reminds me of how innocent children really are and how God really is so good to us. I couldn't imagine my life without Luke and I am thankful everyday of the blessings He has given my family.
Here are the words to the song:

God Claims You (words and music by Stanley M. Farr)

Luke, Luke, God claims you, God helps you, protects you, and loves you too.
We this day do all agree a child of God you'll always be.
We your family love you so, we vow to help your faith to grow.
We are here to say this day that we will help you on your way.
And if you should tire or cry then we will sing this lullaby.

After church we had lunch at our house for everyone. It was a great time for both of our families to get together which doesn't happen often! Here are some pictures.




No comments: