Today was a big day for Luke. He went to have tubes put in his ears to hopefully relieve him of his chronic ear infections! Trey and I got up around 5 am and Luke woke up on his own around 5:30. We left the house at 6 am because we had to be at the hospital by 7am. I was really worried about Luke because he had to fast and had not eaten anything since 7:45 the night before. But, again, my child surprised me and did so well! He was a huge flirt with all of the nurses, who were fabulous! Dr. Garner even came in before his surgery and said a little prayer with us. What a huge sigh of relief and such a blessing it was to have such a caring, Christian man working on my son! It was definitely hard to hand Luke over to the nurse who took him to the operating room. But, I knew this would be a good thing in the long run! Luke's surgery began around 8:45 am and by 9:00 he was done! Trey and I didn't get seated good before Dr. Garner came out to tell us everything was finished! I headed back to the recovery room where I found Luke who was not a happy camper! The nurses all said he would be cranky from the anesthesia but I was not prepared for the child I saw! He was ill! Luckily, we only had to be in recovery for 30 minutes before we were allowed to go home. Luke slept most of the way home and is still sleeping as I'm typing this! Dr. Garner was a great doctor who took a lot of time with us to answer any questions and I cannot say enough about the staff at the hospital. They all made sure we were comfortable and were so pleasant to be around. Hopefully, this surdery will have fixed all of Luke's ear troubles but only time will tell! I am so proud of my little man for doing such an amazing job!
No comments:
Post a Comment